Leonard M. Monson
630-225-5432 (Satellite Office Fax)
Concentrating in the practice of Land Use/Development, Estate Planning – Administration, Corporate and Real Estate law.
Len Monson brings an extensive background to the Law Offices of Kuhn, Heap & Monson.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from Northern Illinois University in 1978, Len was a Graduate Associate in the Applied Mathematics Division of Argonne National Laboratory. He returned to NIU in 1979 to begin graduate study and earned a Masters Degree in Business Administration, with distinction, Beta Gamma Sigma, in 1980.
During his graduate study, Len served as the graduate assistant to the Dean of the College of Business and taught classes in marketing.
Upon earning his MBA, Len joined the NCR Corporation where he worked in sales of mainframe computers to the banking industry.
While employed at NCR, Len earned his law degree from DePaul University College of Law where he graduated and was admitted to the bar in 1986.
Len served as CFO and General Counsel of GCL, a manufacturing and marketing company, for eight years before joining Kuhn, Heap & Monson.
A frequent lecturer, Len has lectured extensively at local universities, and has taught numerous continuing legal education classes for the DuPage Bar Association.
Len is the former treasurer for the Naperville United Way, is member emeritus of the NIU College of Business Board of Executive Advisors, is the former Chairman of the DuPage County Bar Association Real Estate committee, on the board of the Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association, on the board of directors of the Naperville Heritage Society, on the board of the Naperville Development Partnership, and continues to serve on educational, charitable and community related boards.
A lifelong resident of the area, Len currently lives in Batavia with his wife Nancy and two children.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Business Organizations
- Employment Law - Employee
- Employment Law - Employer
- Estate Planning – Administration
- Personal Injury - Plaintiffs
- Probate/Estate Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Illinois, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1986
- De Paul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Northern Illinois University, Dekalb
- M.B.A. - 1980
- Honors: 3rd in Class
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Beta Gamma Sigma
- Major: International Finance
- Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, ILL
- Major: Marketing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- DuPage County Bar Association Real Estate Committee, Former Chairman
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association
- Naperville Heritage Society, Board of Directors
Past Employment Positions
- GCL Ltd., Chief Financial Officer, 1988 to 1996
- NCR Corp., Senior Sales Associate, 1981 to 1988
- Pi Kappa Alpha