Robert A. Heap
A native of Belvidere, Illinois, Mr. Heap earned his Bachelor's degree in education from Northern Illinois University in 1978.
After graduation, Mr. Heap came to Naperville as a fifth grade teacher at Scott Elementary School. While teaching, he earned a Master Degree in educational administration from Northern Illinois University and then entered the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent School of Law.
Mr. Heap graduated from law school, with honors, in 1983.
Mr. Heap began his legal career as a prosecutor with the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office, where he earned a reputation as an aggressive prosecutor of criminal cases - primarily in the felony trial division.
In 1987, Mr. Heap entered private practice, concentrating in civil and criminal litigation. A founding partner of Kuhn & Heap, Mr. Heap continues to practice in those specialties.
Mr. Heap served as a member of the DuPage County Board for sixteen years where he was vice chairman of the board and served as chairman of the Finance Committee. He is a regular, and popular, speaker on local governmental and political issues.
Mr. Heap and his wife, Jane Fawell, reside in Naperville with their three children.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
- Illinois, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Honors: With Honors
- Northern Illinois University, De Kalb, IL, USA
- B.S. - 1978
- Minor: Education
- Northern Illinois University, De Kalb, IL
- Major: Education Administration
- Legal Evidence, College of DuPage, 1986
- Business Law, North Central College, Adjunct Professor, 2009 - 2010